Skip to main content

Train the mind the body will follow


A lot of us are knowledgeable and are very aware of things that we should and could be doing, yet we fail to do it. In other words my actions does not match up with what I believe. 

 

The more I thought about, the more I came to the realization that the reason I failed to practice certain things was because I tend to care about people’s perception of me. I allowed and continue to allow people’s thoughts and concern to affect my life.  I used to overextend myself in doing anything asked of me in order to honor the feelings of others. I lived in this manner because I did not want to be perceived as someone who was selfish and not nice.  

 

Losing weight is not complicated. It is us as humans that choose to make everything we do difficult. One of the main reason we find it to be difficult is because we tend to approach weight loss with instant gratification. 

 

Having worked one on one with many clients and talking to hundreds of people throughout the years, have taught me that the fast-and furious approach to weight loss is also the fastest route to failure. The reason is that we as people don't respond well to sudden changes.  Prime example is COVID 19. However if we take the time to learn that our body and our mind both have a powerful ability to adapt to change when it comes at us in measured amounts, we will be able to do more than we think.

 

We see athletes performing well and doing well in their sports. We see these people who seems to be overnight successes but we do not take in to account that athletes do not go from running 2 miles to running 26 miles overnight. Instead they work up to their capabilities, giving their bodies a chance to become accustomed to the new demands placed on them. This step by step strategy makes sense which is why I apply this tactics with all my clients. 

 

Lasting change take times. And that is not only true of how our bodies work, but it is also true of how our minds work. If you have always relied on food for your emotional needs, you will have to get used to the idea of turning to other things to help you through tough times.   This may take some time but it is one of the most critical components of weight loss. Becoming aware of and dealing with habits of burying emotions under plates of food is a critical component. I encourage you to use FABZFIT coaching service as a tool for helping you to identify what is in your life that is making you unhappy or leaving a void that you are using ice cream, donuts and alcohol to fill. If you are eating because you are stressed, angry, bored or lonely, you have to find out what is at the root of those feelings and change it. 

 

Let's chat today to begin - schedule your session here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How does the whole house get to eating healthy?

Replated Rice & Beans (spinach, kale and onions included) Healthy eating equals a healthy family! We often think that the only person who should be eating healthy is the person who is trying to lose weight. That is a lie!  Anyone and everyone should be attempting to eat healthy.   Healthy eating keeps diseases away and body in optimal shape. This article will help parents think of new ideas for healthy food preparation. I have a young child that hates vegetables. It was important that I found new ways to incorporate vegetables into his eating habits. I did and I called it replating.  I simply found ways to incorporate fruit and vegetables in every meal and make it look differently while respecting every family member's preferences.  Do not like the way vegetables & fruits look - Make them to look differently.  Growing in a Caribbean household meant that you did not have much choice in what you ate. You were given plates of food without considerati

Client Spotlight: A new perspective is all it takes!

  I have been overweight all of my life. At a young age, I often stopped playing early in games that required heavy running and movements as it pained to do these activities for long.  The fear of being ridiculed or being excluded from activities sometimes forced me into pushing myself which was not necessarily a bad thing because it allowed me to get in some form of exercise. I was the only overweight child in the house which made it difficult for my parents.  They often felt that putting one on a diet while the rest were free to eat what they wanted was somewhat cruel.  I am of Caribbean background and I can honestly say that eating home cooked meals was considered to be healthy despite the amount of carbs on your plate.  Eating unhealthy meant that you were eating burgers, pizza, fried chicken etc…. but if the chicken was fried in the same dwelling you rested your head… it some how was regarded as healthy.  This was the dilemma. Around the age of 12 my parents became concerned and e

How exercise helps cope with anxiety?

2020 has been a year of stress & anxiety, and I think the one thing that is helping me right now is my ability to zero in on my health & nutrition that corresponds exact to my biological profile.  I’m a female, considered to be in mid-life ages, of a Haitian descent, frame is small, standing at 5 feet 1 inch, a compact body type that makes me appear bigger than a taller person with similar muscle mass, and an x or what we call hourglass shape based on my measurements which includes my bust, waist and hip measurements (to calculate your body type you can click on this calculator and enter your measurements).  Arming myself with this information has helped to make choices about my food, exercise regimens and general health that align more with maintaining this shape while losing excess unhealthy fat and weight. While I am trying my best to maintain and sustain this new lifestyle, it gets difficult when faced with outside stressors such as anxiety. Anxiety can throw off the na